?James Rodriguez’s father has insisted that the Colombia star will still be at ?Bayern Munich next season, despite ?Real Madrid’s interest in cancelling his loan deal and bringing him back to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Rodriguez is halfway through a loan deal from the European champions to the Bundesliga winners, at the end of which he is expected to sign permanently with the Bavarian outfit.
However, the Colombian was originally allowed to leave Madrid due to what Zinedine Zidane perceived as a lack of effort. With Zidane gone and replaced by Julen Lopetegui, the door could be open for Rodriguez to return.
The 27-year-old is ?reportedly keen on returning to Spain, but his father insists that staying at the Allianz Arena is the preferred option.
“At Bayern they have treated him very well, had an excellent season. I would believe, unless there is a decision at the last minute, he will fulfil his contract,” Juan Carlos Restrepo told ?El Larguero.
However, he also hinted that his son would consider a return to Madrid if he felt valued by the club again.
“He still carries Real Madrid in his heart. I imagine that he would feel very flattered if Real Madrid considered him for his squad,” he said.
Upon the expiration of Rodriguez’s loan deal in Germany next summer, Bayern possess a purchase option. If Madrid want to keep him, they will have to negotiate a deal to do so.
Rodriguez became a popular figure at Bayern last season as he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists on the way to a sixth consecutive Bundesliga title for the club.
They haven’t denied it in an official statement, so Liverpool fans can’t rest easy just yet. But, according to the Liverpool Echo, Real Madrid aren’t looking to sign last season’s PFA Player’s Player of the Year Mohamed Salah.
With Cristiano Ronaldo gone, Madrid should be looking for a suitable replacement. The likes of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Eden Hazard have also been linked with the Spanish side, but they’ve since officially rebuffed rumours regarding the two Paris Saint-Germain stars.
Salah, meanwhile, proved to be one of Europe’s best attackers in Europe last season. The Egyptian forward scored 32 Premier League goals en route to the coveted Golden Boot and even led the Reds to the Champions League final.
The player has signed a new deal with Liverpool, yet, given how things turned out with Luis Suarez, one can never tell. For the time being, the folks at the Echo reckon the player is safe and no longer interests Madrid, who are now said to be chasing Chelsea’s Hazard.
The Champions League holders are understood to have accepted Liverpool’s intransigent stance over their star player. But they’re also exploring possibilities regarding Sadio Mane.
The Senegalese star, though, is expected to also sign a new deal when he finds his way back to Melwood this summer and the Anfield side are confident he’ll be in their squad next season.
The Reds have since added firepower to their attack in the form of Xherdan Shaqiri. The Switzerland international agreed a £17m move from relegated Stoke City on Friday and will be part of Jurgen Klopp’s offensive contingent moving forward.
Real Madrid have again released a statement denying rumoured links to a Paris Saint-Germain player.
The club appear to have adopted a new policy this summer, taking it upon themselves to personally and categorically refute stories claiming that they have entered discussions with certain stars.
Los Blancos had previously denied having made contact with PSG aces Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, to whom they’ve been heavily linked this summer. But they’ve decided to rebuff rumours of a Neymar offer yet again, due to the talk intensifying over the last few days, in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus.
“Given the constant information linking the PSG player Neymar Jr. with our club, Real Madrid CF wants to clarify that they have no plans to make any offers for the player,” the club said in an official statement on their website on Friday.
“The relationship between the two clubs is extraordinary, so that, if at some point Real Madrid were considering hiring a PSG player, the first thing they would do would be to go to his club.”
Neymar, meanwhile, has reportedly told persons close to him that he will remain at the Parc des Princes for one more season before deciding on another move.
PSG are also understood to be readying a mammoth contract offer which will see the player earn as much as, or even more than, his former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi, should he accept it.
?Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has revealed how some disorganisation helped him break the all-time goal scoring record for his country.
He scored his 29th goal for Wales – surpassing the 28 goals scored by Ian Rush – in a 6-0 victory against China earlier this year, with the goal being the third of his hat-trick on the night.
With Bale due to come off after 60 minutes, Wales goalkeeping coach Tony Roberts accidentally delaying the substitution by a minute due to a lack of organisation.
?“Obviously I got told by a lot of people that I was getting close to the record,” said Bale at a recent Q&A session (via ?WalesOnline). “I tried to put it to the back of my mind and not think about it. I remember the manager saying at half time, I needed one more to break it.
“He wanted me to come off but I said give me 15 minutes and see if I can do it. Luckily on 61 minutes the goalkeeping coach took too long to do the substitution on the paper, so it gave me an extra minute. It worked out perfectly.”
Meanwhile, the Real Madrid man revealed what was going through his mind when he hit an overhead kick to extend his side’s lead in the Champions League final.
“Pure emotion,” Bale said, when the question was put to him. “I was frustrated, I’ve said before, not to start the game. But I knew I was capable of being involved in the game and I was.
“It was great to get the goal, pure emotion. It’s just kind of one of those things that you don’t think about, you just react to it. I’ve always wanted to score a bicycle kick. To do it on such an occasion was the place to do it.
“I kind of just went on holiday afterwards and tried to disconnect, so I haven’t watched it too many times. If you don’t try these things, they never come off.”
?Manchester United are reportedly in ‘advanced’ talks over a potential transfer for Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale, with the Old Trafford club seemingly hopeful that the Welsh superstar won’t be given the assurances he is seeking from new coach Julen Lopetegui.
Bale famously won the Champions League for Real last season after scoring two goals in the final against Liverpool. He made it clear immediately after that game he wanted to be playing regularly after often being overlooked by then boss Zinedine Zidane.
Zidane’s exit led many to believe that Bale would stay, but it remains to be seen what the Frenchman’s successor has in store for the upcoming season. The club hierarchy have also been presented with the task of replacing Cristiano Ronaldo following his move to Juventus.
Should the Spanish giants now seriously pursue players like Kylian Mbappe or Eden Hazard it may indicate to Bale that he will always be in someone else’s shadow for as long as he stays.
Just this week it was reported in Spain that Bale is ‘likely to stay’ in light of Ronaldo’s exit. But the Manchester Evening News now claims that United are in talks over a possible deal and that those talks ‘have reached an advanced stage’.
United, specifically chief decision maker Ed Woodward, have been hell bent on signing Bale since 2013, even outbidding Real when the player left Tottenham to move to Spain.
And the local newspapers suggests that the decision of whether to stay or go will fall to Bale in the end, which implies that Real might actually be willing to sell for the right price.
It is said that Lopetegui needs to ‘convince’ Bale that he is an important part of his plans.
It has been established in recent days that United could have made a move for Ronaldo had they wanted to – the superstar is said to have been open to a return to his former club – but both they and Paris Saint-Germain opted against pursuing a deal, leaving Juventus unopposed.