Garitano: Real Madrid are already through

Alcoyano coach Asier Garitano has admitted that his side’s Copa del Rey tie against Real Madrid is already over after Jose Mourinho’s team ran out 4-1 winners in the first leg on Wednesday.

Goals from Jose Rodriguez and Kaka and a Karim Benzema double allowed the Spanish champions to run out easy victors on Wednesday, and the 42-year-old believes it is a shame that the second leg is a mere formality.

“We were aware of Real Madrid’s great attacking power, but it was something we couldn’t control,” he told Marca.

“It’s a pity the tie is already solved after the first leg. Anyway, we made some mistakes in the first half and
conceded goals when we could have competed better. You can’t make any mistakes against Real Madrid.”

The former Castellon boss has also admitted that his team must now forget about their visit to the Spanish capital and should instead focus on gaining promotion to Segunda Division after a good start to the season.

“We have to forget about Real Madrid now and focus on the league. These kinds of games are like hurricanes for our players.”

Michel: Young players at Madrid only got a chance under Del Bosque

Former Castilla coach Michel has stated that young players have not been given enough of at Real Madrid since the days when Vicente del Bosque was in charge.

Current boss Jose Mourinho has been accused of neglecting academy graduates in recent weeks, after electing to play Michael Essien as a makeshift left-back as opposed to Nacho, a youngster at the club.

The 49-year-old denied that he knew about the situation at the capital club, though he did admit that it has been a long time since young players were given an opportunity to impress for the Spanish champions.

“Mourinho will have information about the Cantera to publicise. I don’t know what is really happening,” he explained to reporters at a press conference.

“The only thing I know is that young players from the Cantera only got in the first team under [Vicente] del Bosque, not with the rest.”

Del Bosque, now in charge of Spain, coached Real Madrid across three spells, and delivered two Champions League title to the Bernabeu.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi rubbishes Ronaldo to Paris Saint-Germain rumours

Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has dismissed rumours the Ligue 1 giants have approached Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo.

La Gazzetta dello Sport suggested earlier this week that the capital club have set their sights on the Portugal international and were willing to pay up to €100 million for the forward, but Al-Khelaifi has made it clear there is no truth in the report.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but he’s under contract with Real Madrid. I have not spoken with anyone at Madrid,” the PSG president was quoted as saying by AFP.

Les Parisiens were previously linked with the former Manchester United man after the 27-year-old revealed his unhappiness with life at Madrid earlier this season, but Al-Khelaifi then denied any concrete interest in the player.

Ronaldo has a contract with Los Blancos until the summer of 2015.

Morata hoping for Real Madrid breakthrough

Alvaro Morata says it will not be easy to secure regular first team football at Real Madrid, but has promised to give it his best shot.

The 20-year-old forward is seen as one of the biggest attacking talents around at the Blancos, but has been struggling to break into the first team up till date.

Morata featured for the full 90 minutes in Wednesday’s 4-1 Copa del Rey win over Alcoyano, though, and he’s desperate to get more playing time.

“Real Madrid’s forwards are among the world’s best. I’m hoping to get my chances, too, though,” Morata was quoted as saying on the Madrid website.

“I have to take advantage of the playing time I get, little by little, in order to become a better player. If I have to go play for Castilla, I’ll do just that, and if the first team needs me, I’ll be there.

“Real Madrid are the best in the world and whenever you’re with the first team, you’ve got to give the best of yourself.”

Morata has made three official appearances for Madrid this term, but has yet to find the net.

Neymar: It is not the right moment to move to Europe

Santos forward Neymar has stressed he has no intention of moving to Europe any time soon as he is happy with life at his current club.

The Brazil international is continually being linked with teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea, but Neymar feels the time is not yet right to leave his native country for a foreign adventure.

“I’m happy here in Brazil, I’m happy at Santos. I have a dream of playing in Europe, but it’s still not the right moment,” the forward told Reuters.

The 20-year-old then went on to voice his disappointment with Brazil’s disappointing 2011 Copa America campaign, and the Selecao‘s failure to win Olympic gold in London.

“We were very upset about the Copa America. A lot of people were upset about the Olympic Games, but none more so than us.

“However, I am very proud to have taken part in the Olympics and won a medal.”

Neymar feels Brazil are on the right track, though, ahead of the 2014 World Cup, and is confident they will hit top form when it matters most.

“The national team is on a very good upwards curve. We are creating our identity and the team is getting more confident and becoming tighter. In a short time, it will suit us, our Brazilian way of doing things and things will happen.

Responsibility is always divided. Everybody does their part on the pitch. One man can’t do it alone. In the World Cup there will be 23 determined players, looking for the win. I will be just one more Brazilian, chasing after the title.

Brazil last won the World Cup in 2002, when they beat Germany 2-0 in the final.