?Juventus superstar ??Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly told his new club to sign Real Madrid full back Marcelo within his first 24 hours at the Italian club.
The Brazil international has seen speculation over his future increase following Ronaldo’s departure, with the pair known to have grown close after spending nine years as teammates at the Bernabeu.
The Portugal international completed a €100m move to Turin earlier this month and according to Spanish outlet, ?Sport, Ronaldo asked Juventus to sign his former Real teammate.
Marcelo fuelled rumours of an exit after ?paying tribute to Ronaldo on Instagram, where he left a comment which definitely raised some eyebrows, as he said: “Soon we’ll be together again.”
However, having only signed a new contract last summer in a deal which runs until 2022, a deal for Marcelo would not prove to be easy.
The report claims a move for Marcelo from Juventus would require the Serie A giants to part with their own left back, Alex Sandro – who has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.
The renewed speculation comes after Marcelo made a surprise appearance at Real’s training ground this week to meet with new manager Julen Lopetegui, who replaced Zinedine Zidane earlier this summer.
Furthermore, FIFA agent, Beppe Accardi, reportedly said of Marcelo: “Marcelo joining Juventus is something I believe could happen.”
The Brazil international has been with ?Real Madrid for 11 years, where he has made a total of 452 appearances for the club, with an impressive return of 33 goals and 86 assists.
?AC Milan are said to be in talks to sign? Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema ahead of a move this summer.
Benzema has been with Los Blancos since 2009, making 412 appearances in all competitions, scoring 193 goals. His time at the Bernabeu has been a roaring success for the most part, but his personal achievements have been somewhat overshadowed by those of the other stars with whom he has shared a dressing room.
While Cristiano Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane were big supporters of Benzema’s contribution to the first team at Real Madrid, both are now gone, potentially paving the way for the Frenchman’s exit.
Now, according to ?Sky Sports Italia, Benzema could be set to depart the Spanish capital after a decade, making a move over to Italy this summer.
In addition, Italian journalist ?Gianluca Di Marzio has claimed that Benzema’s representatives held a meeting with AC Milan’s manager Gennaro Gattuso and sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli on Monday to negotiate a potential deal.
AC Milan were recently cleared to compete in the Europa League next season after being previously banned for breaching Financial Fair Play rules. That good news could encourage the Italians to delve into the transfer market once again.
The Rossoneri have reportedly promised to match Benzema’s current salary and have offered a four year contract to keep him at the club until 2022. Real Madrid’s president Florentino Perez will not stand in the way of the transfer should Benzema want to make the move.
Karim Benzema’s agent Karim Djaziri has denied the rumours surrounding the transfer by posting laughing emoji’s in response to the story on Twitter, but Di Marzio has emphasised that the talks did indeed take place whether or not Djaziri chooses to believe it.
??Tottenham full back Kieran Trippier is reportedly wanted by a host of top European clubs, including Real Madrid, this summer following his hugely impressive World Cup campaign with England.
The World Cup is a stage upon which any player can change their career. Just look at what happened to James Rodriguez and Keylor Navas back in 2014 for proof. Both players, following impressive tournaments in Brazil, found themselves signing for Madrid that very summer – and the same thing could happen again in the coming weeks.
According to The Sun, Tottenham are preparing themselves for bids north of £50m for Trippier before the transfer window is out – and will do their best to resist as clubs from allover Europe register their interest.
However, the report claims that the player himself is well aware of Madrid’s supposed interest most of all, and an opening bid could arrive any time now.
With that said, a move from the Bernabeu would be heavily unexpected. In addition to already having Dani Carvajal as the club’s first choice right back, Los Blancos have only just spent £31m on Real Sociedad’s Alvaro Odriozola.
While Spurs won’t want to lose Trippier – to any club – it would prove a huge profit being made on the player, who cost the club only £3.5m back in 2015.
?Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac has revealed that star midfielder James Rodriguez will not return to ?Real Madrid prematurely this summer.
Speaking at a recent press conference, Kovac told reporters (per Marca) that James will be staying at the club and that they are in full control over the player’s future
“We have a loan deal which is 100% valid. It will only end if we want to. He’s going to stay here,” he asserted.
It has been suggested that the Colombian playmaker ?wanted to go back to Real Madrid this summer following the departure of Zinedine Zidane, although the ball is in Bayern Munich’s court in this situation.
James is currently halfway through a two-year loan deal with the ?Bundesliga champions, meaning that Real Madrid would have to negotiate with Bayern if they wanted to bring the 27-year-old back to the Santiago Bernabeu a year earlier than agreed.
It could be an option that Real Madrid are willing to pursue, with James Rodriguez far more likely to suit Julen Lopetegui’s style of play in the Spanish capital. However, it will be difficult to convince Bayern Munich to release the World Cup star from his loan a year early.
Furthermore, it’s strongly possible that James could never feature in a Real Madrid shirt again, due to the fact that Bayern have an option to sign him on a permanent basis once his loan deal expires next summer.
Real Madrid have officially unveiled Brazilian teenager Vinicius Junior at the Bernabeu following his €45m arrival from Flamengo, a deal that initially agreed and confirmed over a year in advance back in May 2017.
Vinicius was just a 16-year-old at the time, making Real’s €45m investment a huge statement of intent and show of faith in the winger’s talent and potential.
But his age meant that the player was unable to make the switch to Europe to complete the transfer until his 18th birthday, which he celebrated last week.
He has already been training with his new teammates. And, having undergone a successful medical, Vinicius sat alongside Real president Florentino Perez to put pen to paper on his Blancos contract and hold up the club’s iconic shirt bearing his name.
Vinicius, who left Flamengo partway through the ongoing 2018 Brazilian season to move to Spain, is the second unveiling that Real have held this week following the €30m capture of 22-year-old Real Sociedad right-back Alvaro Odriozola.
Both players represent a continuation of Real’s current transfer policy. The club has not made a Galactico-type signing since James Rodriguez in 2014 and has remained committed to buying younger players to develop rather chasing elite superstars.
It was reported earlier this week that even Cristiano Ronaldo leaving for Juventus won’t tempt the club to resort to old ways, potentially derailing rumoured interest in Eden Hazard as Chelsea will not sell for anything other than a Galactico fee.
At €45m, Vinicius is actually the most expensive Real signing since Rodriguez in 2014.