Tottenham Leading Premier League Trio ‘Pushing Hard’ for Gareth Bale Transfer

?Premier League sides Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United are battling it out to sign Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale in the summer, according to reports in Spanish rumour outlet ?Diario Gol.

Despite winning three Champions Leagues and a Spanish league title since his move to Spain in 2013, Bale is constantly linked with a move back to England as he struggles for a consistent starting spot under Zinedine Zidane at Madrid.

There are numerous reports suggesting that the Welshman is ready to leave the club in the summer, and it looks like the Premier League is his most likely destination.

Real Madrid v Girona - La Liga

The 28-year-old made 203 appearances for Tottenham before his move to Spain, scoring 55 goals, and many believe this would be the best move for Bale.

However, ?some reports suggested that rivals Arsenal are a potential destination for the Welshman, a move which would prove heartbreaking for Spurs fans everywhere.

During his time at Madrid, Bale has struggled with injuries and has been unable to put in a long-term string of good performances. Despite these issues, Bale has still proven his class under Zidane, producing some unbelievable moments of quality.

Real Madrid v Getafe - La Liga

Bale ?became his nation’s top all time goalscorer after scoring a brilliant hat-trick in Wales’ 6-0 thumping of China on Thursday, surpassing Ian Rush’s previous record of 28 international goals for Wales, and seeing Bale go down in Welsh history. 

” data-viewability=”″>


Barcelona Midfielder Andres Iniesta Insists He Doesn’t Expect Neymar to Join Real Madrid

Barcelona’s veteran midfielder Andres Iniesta has given his opinion on Neymar’s potential move to fierce rivals Real Madrid, claiming he would be ‘surprised’ about the transfer.

A move to Real Madrid has been touted ever since Neymar joined Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona last summer, and the rumours have not expired since.

According to Brazilian outlet UOL Esporte, Neymar and his agent met last week to deliberate over a contract offer that has been submitted by Los Blancos.

Real Madrid v Paris Saint-Germain - UEFA Champions League Round of 16: First Leg

It’s been claimed that Real could trigger the Brazilian’s €400m release clause to bring him back to La Liga – which would make him join the likes of Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Samuel Eto’o and Michael Laudrup to have played for both Blauranga and Real.

Iniesta was speaking on a Spanish radio show when asked about the Neymar rumours, he replied: “Normally, when you leave somewhere it’s difficult to go back,” Iniesta told ‘El Larguero’ radio show, per Sport. “For that reason, it would surprise me more if he returned rather than going to another team, but we will see.

“If they sign him, Madrid would land one of the best in the world. But we would still have a squad which I consider better.”

(You may also be interested in: ?Cristiano Ronaldo Eager to Bag New Real Madrid Deal Worth €1 More Than Messi to Seal ‘Best’ Status)

The Brazilian forward has been a controversial figure in Ligue 1 and failed to help bring the Parisians their first taste of Champions League glory, which they had been craving all season.

Neymar’s time at PSG has been ebb and flow – he was said to be unhappy in the French capital following a number of on-field clashes with team-mate Edinson Cavani.

Real’s attempt to bring in the 26-year-old is a telling sign from Zinedine Zidane, who is clearly aware that his side need to improve after enduring an underwhelming season this term. His side sit 15 points behind bitter rivals Barca and will be looking to challenge at the top next time round.

” data-viewability=”″ style=”” contenteditable=”false”>



Juventus Legend Gianluigi Buffon Has His Say on the ‘Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo’ Debate

Legendary Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has given his views on the infamous ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ debate.

Buffon was speaking to reporters in a pre-match press conference, as ?Italy prepare to take on Argentina in a friendly at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium this evening.

The 40-year-old described Messi as a ‘more complete’ player, but described Ronaldo as a ‘killer in the penalty area’ and praised him for adapting his style of play as he has gotten older.

It is a debate which has been ongoing for a long time, with both players considered to be two of the best in history.

Messi and Ronaldo have each won the FIFA Balon d’Or on five occasions, and there has been a fierce professional rivalry between the two players that has continued for several years.

?“They are two completely different players,” veteran goalkeeper Buffon told reporters on Thursday.

Real Madrid v Barcelona - La Liga

“Messi is more complete, because he starts deeper, has more technical quality and a vision of the game that is worthy more of a trequartista than a finisher.

“Cristiano Ronaldo, perhaps because he is a little older, has become a killer in the penalty area. Compared to how he was before, Ronaldo preserves his energy more, so he no longer goes out to the flank for a nutmeg or trick-shot, but with one ball into the box he can create a goal.”

Buffon is preparing to face Messi’s Argentina in Manchester on Friday, and is facing a tough test against Messi. Argentina manager Jorge Sampaoli recently said that ?Messi now has the responsibility of carrying the Argentina national team on his shoulders as they enter the 2018 World Cup.

” data-viewability=”″>



Gareth Bale Says Record-Breaking Hat-Trick Against China ‘Maybe the Best Moment’ of His Career

Gareth Bale says that becoming Wales’ all-time record international goalscorer was among the best moments of his career after ?he broke the record in style on Thursday.

Bale scored a brilliant hat-trick – the first of his international career – as Wales cruised to a 6-0 victory over China in Nanning. The treble took him onto 29 international goals, one more than previous record-holder Ian Rush.

Asked where the achievement ranked among his other footballing accomplishments, Bale said that it was one of his proudest moments.

?”It is right up there, maybe as the best,” the ?Real Madrid star told ?BB?C Sport. “I suppose when I was a little boy I never dreamed of being a record-breaker for Wales. It is a massive honour.

“I was not thinking about it, but now it has come it’s an incredible honour and one of the best things I’ve achieved in my career.

“On a personal note it’s great to break the record, but I could not have done it without my team-mates.”

?Burnley’s Sam Vokes scored twice and ?Liverpool’s Harry Wilson, who was celebrating his 21st birthday, chipped in with his first goal for Wales – a classy finish to make it 4-0 just before half time.


It was Ryan Giggs’ first game as manager since he took over from Chris Coleman in January, and it was also Wales’ first match since failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. 

Bale scored his first Wales goal against Slovakia in 2006, becoming the youngest ever scorer for the Welsh national team at the age of 17. He has scored many important goals since then, including three at Euro 2016.

Wales now progress to the final of the China Cup where they will face the winner of Friday’s match between the Czech Republic and Uruguay.

” data-viewability=”″>



Gianluigi Donnarumma Could Leave for Cut-Price Figure If AC Milan Fail to Make Champions League

?AC Milan and Italy goalkeeping sensation ?Gianluigi Donnarumma could leave the Serie A club for a knock-down price, if they fail to make the Champions League this season, according to reports. 

The 19-year-old has been Milan’s first choice goalkeeper this season, playing in every Serie A game, and according to Italian outlet La Gazzetta dello Sport (via ?Calciomercato), a clause in the youngster’s contract allows him to depart for €40m should Milan fail to qualify for the Champions League. 

The Italian club currently sit in fifth place in Serie A, with a gap of four points to rivals Inter in fourth place. With only 10 games of the season left the play, it is looking increasingly likely that the clause in Donnarumma’s contract will be activated. 

Earlier in the week, the goalkeeper’s agent seemed to hint that a move away from the club was likely by ?insisting that he wanted the incoming Pepe Reina to become first choice at Milan, and the report claims that the agent will be pushing for a move in the summer.

Clubs linked with Donnarumma in recent times include ?Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and ?Manchester United. The news of the in demand man being available for a lower price than last season is likely to pique the interest of many clubs at the top of the game. 

All of this could change if Milan do manage to grab a top four place in Serie A to qualify for the Champions League. 

The club are currently on a streak of five straight victories, and if they carry on that form, then clubs may have to dig a bit deeper in order to prize the ‘keeper away from San Siro. 

” data-viewability=”″>