The striker has offered a low key response to talk of playing for the club again, while claiming he could have scored 25 goals last season had he been fit from the start
Juventus forward Alvaro Morata says a return to Real Madrid would “depend on many people”, following reports the club could bring him back to the Bernabeu.
The 22-year-old only moved to Turin last year where he has since won the Scudetto and Coppa Italia and scored in the Champions League final before his side went on to lose 3-1 to Barcelona.
Morata denied there had been talks to move back to Madrid following the departure of Carlo Ancelotti and subsequent appointment of Rafa Benitez, but didn’t close the door completely on playing for the club again.
“Nobody has spoken to me about going back,” the Spain international told Cadena Ser. “It is something that would have to depend on many people.
“That said, I have to think about how my year went here [at Juventus]. And I am very happy to be playing here.”
The Madrid cantera graduate moved to the Serie A champions to increase his chances of playing time and enjoyed a season of continuity in which he managed to score 15 goals in 46 games across all competitions.
Nevertheless, Morata expressed his regret at not being able to do more in helping Juventus secure the treble but said their European disappointment on Saturday would serve as motivation next term.
“The year could have been better if we had won the Champions League,” he continued. “I could have easily scored 20 to 25 goals had I been better prepared in the first half of the season.
“I could have done much better. These have been a couple of hard days in which we lost the Champions League final, though I feel the team gained plenty from the journey.
“Sometimes it’s not always pretty but we’ve learnt and seen that we’re not made of glass. We’ll emerge out the other side soon.”
Juventus have already been busy reinforcing their squad to challenge on all fronts again next term, having completed the €40 million signing of Paulo Dybala from Palermo.