Real Madrid told to meet €15m asking price for Lucas Silva

The 21-year-old midfielder has already stated that he fully expects to join the European champions but his current employers will not negotiate over the fee


Cruzeiro president Gilvan de Pinho Tavares has declared that he will not let Real Madrid target Lucas Silva leave for anything less than €15 million.

The 21-year-old midfielder stated earlier this week that he expects his “dream” move to the Santiago Bernabeu will go through either in January or at the end of the season.

However, Cruzeiro have made it clear that no agreement has yet been reached with Madrid and say that Lucas Silva will not depart unless his asking price is met.

“There’s no definitive offer yet – we’re waiting to receive a formal offer,” Tavares told reporters at a press conference in Belo Horizonte on Thursday.

“But we have already set a price for the player based on his market value. Cruzeiro is not willing to negotiate for any figure lower than €15m.”

Lucas Silva is a Cruzeiro youth team product and has played a key role in their back-to-back Brasileirao Serie A title successes.

As well as being heavily linked with Madrid, the Brazil Under-23 international is also reportedly being tracked by Premier League duo Chelsea and Manchester United.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *