Mallorca trio Antonio Lopez, Nunes and Joao Victor are all nursing knee injuries and will miss Sunday’s Primera Division clash with Real Madrid at the Iberostar Stadium.
Midfielder Javi Marquez (ankle) is also sidelined, but winger Emilio Nsue is available after missing the 3-2 defeat at Sevilla through suspension.
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira has been ruled out for up to two weeks after aggravating a muscle problem.
Full-backs Alvaro Arbeloa (hamstring) and Fabio Coentrao (groin) could return to first-team action shortly, although neither will travel to Palma.
Coach Jose Mourinho must decide whether to persist with Michael Essien or play Castilla’s Nacho at left-back after the former’s unconvincing performance in the defeat against Borussia Dortmund.
- But the Islanders have won six of their last seven Liga fixtures at the Iberostar Stadium.
- Mallorca have not registered a home win over Real Madrid in La Liga in their last six attempts, with this corresponding fixture last season ending 2-1 in favour of the visitors.
- Real Madrid have won just two of their five away games to date in La Liga this term.
- Los Merengues have won five of their last six meetings with Mallorca.
- With 16 goals in 13 matches across all competitions, Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) is the highest scorer in Europe’s top five domestic leagues this season.