'He's a very experienced player, he will push forward' – Fabregas gives his verdict on Ronaldo

Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas has backed Cristiano Ronaldo to recover from his unhappiness at Real Madrid and move on.

Both players have come in for criticism during the early stages of the new season but the former Arsenal midfielder declared that while the Portuguese may get past his current issues, the Liga will take many more dramatic turns.

“He’s a very experienced player, he’ll certainly push forward,” Fabregas told Radio Marca.

“Playing football is 95 per cent of the happiness of each [player]. Then each one will know what you want or deserve.

“Last year we won quite a lot of points, but then got to the match at Camp Nou, which they won. This [season] has just started and will take many twists and turns.”

Fabregas has been selected in the Spain squad for the forthcoming friendly fixture with Saudi Arabia on Friday September 8.

'The media cannot change things' – Iniesta on Ronaldo's Real Madrid problems

Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta has suggested that Cristiano Ronaldo’s decision to make his predicament at Real Madrid public may not be the best course of action.

The 28-year-old relunctantly spoke of the controversy whilst appearing on ‘El Larguero’ and stated that an alternative approach may have been more beneficial.

“Sometimes I have felt unfair things but my personality or my respect for my team-mates or coaches, or the education I had always made me wait for my chance and have confidence that in the future better things appear,” he explained.

“I never thought to get out in the media and crack, things would change. If you work well in the end, it all comes back.

“You must always try to think in general, globally, not just in a particular situation.”

Speculation has alleged that a disagreement with senior figures and team-mates at the club may be at the route of the 27-year-old’s problems and Iniesta  gave his view on the his experiences inside the dressing room.

“You must be better than your friend or your team-mate, butyou should never exceed the limits of your health. Rivalry is a healthy benefit of you and your team,” he continued.

“There are times when you are wrong but you must do your part to be better. Moments when things do not go well or you’re not playing well, there has to be calm, think about the team and better times to come.

“We’ve all gone through times like this.”

Ozil: If you play for Real Madrid, you learn to deal with critics

Mesut Ozil has revealed that he has learned to deal with criticism of his performances at Real Madrid and stated he is not worried by the arrival of Luka Modric.

The Germany international was picked out for below-par performances as Los Blancos failed to win their first three domestic games of the season and was replaced in the starting line-up by the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder for the visit of Granada.

Nevertheless, the 23-year-old insisted that he is not phased by such issues as they are part and parcel of playing for one of the world’s biggest clubs.

“If you’re playing for Real, you have to live with these kind of of critics,” Ozil told Bild.

“And the way in which the Spanish media speaks is quite a bit tougher than in other countries. But we, as players for Real, learned to deal with this. If you can’t deal with it, you won’t make it with Real.
 
“Every Madrid player is always under pressure and has serious competition. Real have got a minimum of 18 players, not only 11. You get used to it. But it’s not about Ozil, Kaka or Modric…it’s all about Real.”

Ozil went on to offer his opinion as to why Madrid struggled in their opening games but affirmed that he and his team-mates will be firing on all cylinders soon enough.

“It is certain, Madrid aims for the highest goal. We as a team don’t have the right flow yet, but still it’s nothing lost. But we have to move and make progesses quickly.
 
“We are a little bit unlucky and don’t score enough goals. That’s the nature of football, to fight starting problems at the beginning of a season.”

Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid sadness nothing to do with money

Cristiano Ronaldo no festeja

Cristiano Ronaldo / Getty

Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo has dismissed the notion that his post-match declaration of “sadness” on Sunday evening was related to a desire for a new and improved contract at the club.

The 27-year-old scored a double as Los Blancos beat Granada 3-0, but Ronaldo’s refusal to celebrate his 149th and 150th goals for the club stole the headlines.

In a statement on his personal Twitter account the 27-year-old added further mystery as to the source of his apparent dismay in the Spanish capital, while insisting he would continue to give his all for Madrid.

That I am feeling sad and have expressed this sadness has created a huge stir. I am accused of wanting more money, but one day it will be shown that this is not the case,” he stated on the social networking site.

Newspapers across the globe had speculated that a disagreement with team-mates and senior officials at the club could lead to a record breaking move to another of Europe’s biggest sides.

But while he refused to be drawn on his issues, the former Manchester United man did make a personal pledge to supporters.

At this point, I just want to guarantee to the Real Madrid fans that my motivation, dedication, commitment and desire to win all competitions will not be affected,” he continued.

“I have too much respect for myself and for Real Madrid to ever give less to the club than all I am capable of. Hugs to all madridistas.”

Messi refuses to comment on Ronaldo situation

Lionel Messi has refused to comment on Cristiano Ronaldo’s quotes that he is unhappy at Real Madrid.

The Barcelona superstar claims that it has nothing to do with him, and avoided speaking about the situation when asked about the talented winger.

That’s something Ronaldo said,” he told a press conference in Buenos Aires on Tuesday. “There’s no reason to ask me about what he says and vice-versa. It’s nothing to do with me. I do not have to answer questions about that.”

Instead, the Argentine striker chose to focus on his country’s upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Peru, for which Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero will be missing.

No Aguero? That’s bad for the team. Losing a player like that is bad for any team. Personally, I love playing next to Kun.

I respect the coach’s decision [to leave out Tevez]. If Carlos returns to the team, he will be welcome, but the decision is the coach’s.”

The 25-year-old concluded by confirming that he is enjoying playing for Argentina, despite rumours that the fans are yet to be won over by the Blaugrana man.

The team is playing well, and I am happy with how things are going. We are winning games and winning them playing good football. I just want to play for the fans – they are always supportive to me.”