The Spain international made several high profile errors in 2014 and lost his place for club and country, but dismissed those problems as a minor hiccup in a successful year
Iker Casillas says the last 12 months have been his best for Real Madrid, regardless of his personal struggles on the pitch for much of last season.
The 33-year-old goalkeeper made just two appearances in La Liga in 2013/14 and lost his place to Diego Lopez.
A mistake in the Champions League final was then followed by a series of poor performances at the World Cup, while the signing of Keylor Navas appeared to spell the end for the Spain international at Madrid.
But with Lopez moving on to AC Milan, Casillas has regained his spot as first choice keeper and dismissed his struggles last term as nothing more than a disappointing six-week spell.
“I intend to keep winning titles at Real Madrid,” Casillas said to Marca.
“It has been my best year. Four titles, playing all of them, so I think so. A bad month and a half cannot make you forget the other things.
“I do not know what could have happened, but it’s best that it’s behind us and the team continues to add victories and titles. The individual is left aside when success is collective.
“We must go step by step. I have a contract and I have no reason to think about leaving.
“If we had won the league, we would not have won la Decima, which was the obsession of all of Real Madrid. I would not change the year for anyone. It was the best.”
Madrid defeated San Lorenzo last Saturday to add the Club World Cup to the Copa del Rey, Champions League and Uefa Super Cup trophies won earlier this year.