Levante could have winger Nabil El Zhar available for Sunday’s Primera Division encounter with Real Madrid at the Ciutat de Valencia. The Morocco international missed their last three games with a calf problem but has returned to light training and is almost certain to make the bench.
Gustavo Munua will return in goal after being rested for Thursday’s Europa League clash with Twente, while midfielder Dariusz Dudka (groin) is sidelined.
Meanwhile, Madrid are without both Gonzalo Higuain, who was ruled out for three weeks with a hamstring injury sustained in the 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund, and Karim Benzema, who is also sidelined with a muscle strain. As a result, Cristiano Ronaldo is likely to be deployed as the lone centre-forward.
Sami Khedira and Marcelo are still out, but Fabio Coentrao (groin) may return, while Xabi Alonso is available after serving a one-match ban against Zaragoza.
- However, the Valencian club have won their last seven home matches across all competitions and are unbeaten at the Ciutat de Valencia this season.
- Sixth-placed Levante will move level on points with their opponents in the Primera Division table with victory on Sunday.
- Real Madrid have won just two of their last five away matches in La Liga (W2 D1 L2).
- Los Merengues have failed to win on their last three visits to Levante in all competitions (D1 L2).
- Mesut Ozil (pictured) became the 12th Madrid player to score this season with his late equaliser against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday.